.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Winter Woolen Workshop

Hello Dear Friends~
My friend Ella and I attended the Winter Woolen Workshop last weekend in Kokomo, IN. We had a wonderful time, met some awesome people and shopped till we dropped. There were some workshops in the main "Sieberling House" and vendors in the carriage house next door. Both buildings were so awesome, a great venue to have this event at. There was also an antique mall very close to our hotel and of course, we found a few lovely things there as well!!!! There was a surprise snow storm on Saturday, but nothing could stop us!! 
Blessings~
Kim


The Sieberling House


Love the colors used for this quilt.


This quilt was just so pretty .


The above rug is so cool, 12 ladies were doing 12 squares on each others rug, then all 12 ended up with their own rug, and they would do the background themselves. The large square in the middle was also hooked by the owner of each rug. I would love to this with friends. 


Fell in love with this sweet rug and bought the pattern.


These display boxes were just beautiful.


More Goodies


More lovely things


More awesome things, hand dyed velvet, hand dyed hooking fabric, fibers,patterns 


This is a pictures of the goodies that came home with me! I even got a #9 cutting blade for $5, the gal who sold it had just bought a Townsend. Lucky me!



Here is a close up of some of the items I got


The pattern I bought


This is a picture of Ella's goodies. 


Ella bought this rug hooking pattern of a dragonfly!

7 comments:

Patti said...

How fun! I may have to consider this for next year :)
Blessings, Patti

Ronda said...

Wow I had no idea you were attending....this is where I live...I didn't make it this year but it is a wonderful event...love all your goodies!!

Margaret said...

Looks absolutely marvelous! Love what you bought too -- that sheep pattern is wonderful!

JoAnn said...

Ella called me on your way home and I could hardly wait for your Blog entry. If I didn't have so many sampler materials in my stash I would be tempted to take up rug hooking, just from reading your blog and seeing all the great things you brought home with you.

Granny Bee said...

Kim, Thank you so very much for coming! Mark your calendar for next year! February 27 & 28, 2016...

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, Kim,
WHAT FUN!!!
Great purchases.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Joy said...

What a fun time! Are you now more into rug hooking? Do you ever stitch any samplers?